Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Think I Want A Twizzler



I'm what they call a futurist so my taste in design doesn't always mesh with the happenings of today. Take for example the Chicago Spire designed by Architect Santiago Calatrava. He's currently lobbying to have it built and it looks like it's getting close to approval. If approved, the 2,000 ft. building will become North America's tallest skyscraper. Although Calatrava's design has gone thru numerous revisions to appeal to it's critics, I still find it difficult to believe such an esoteric design would ever be built in America. We don't exactly have cutting edge skyscapers here anymore. That era has long passed and now belongs to the Chinese with their monolithic towers and massive sprawling glass communities. No folks, what we have here is just practice and it's making me crave a twizzler.

No comments: